The Princeton Longevity Center Recipes
Avocado Fish Tacos
Makes 4 Servings (1 Taco per serving)
Avocados are a wonderful companion to fish. Put these two mood enhancing foods together in a soft taco with some crunchy cabbage and you’ll create a tasty way to enhance your happiness!
- 2 Chilean Hass Avocados
- 2 Tbsp. Lime Juice
- 1 lb. Halibut, cut into 2-inch chunks
- ¼ c Flour
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ¼ c olive oil for frying
- 2 c Red Cabbage, shredded (or 1 cup each red and green cabbage shreds)
- 1/3 c bottled Poppyseed Dressing
- ½ tsp. Salt & Pepper
- 4 (8”) Flour or Corn Tortillas
- Cut avocados in half, remove pit. Cut in chunks and sprinkle with lime juice. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, toss shredded cabbage with Poppyseed dressing, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Mix flour, salt and pepper in a deep plate with a fork. Dredge fish chunks in mixture. In large skillet, over medium high heat, heat oil. Add fish chunks; cook until nicely browned on all sides.
- Divide cabbage mixture between tortillas. Top with fish chunks, avocados and garnish with cilantro and additional lime or lemon slices.
Nutritional information per serving: calories 540, fat 30g, monounsaturated fat 1g, saturated fat 4g, protein 26g, carbohydrates 45g, sodium 101mg, fiber 5g.
Recipe from the Chilean Avocado Importers Association
Join our E-mail List