The Princeton Longevity Center Recipes
Chicken & Bean Burritos
Make this recipe ahead of time for a tasty lunch that will energize you!
1 Tbsp. Olive or Canola oil
2 Minced Garlic Cloves
1 Small Onion, chopped
¼ tsp. pepper
4 Chicken Breasts (boneless & skinless), chopped
1 Red Pepper, chopped
1 Jalapeno Pepper, seeded & minced
1 Can Black Beans, drained & rinsed
1 cup Salsa
2 ½ cups Shredded Low-fat Cheddar Cheese
8 Small Whole Wheat Tortillas
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and pepper until onion is softened
- Add chicken, peppers, black beans and salsa; cook about 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat.
- Spoon about ¾ of the filling down the center of each tortilla. Sprinkle ¼ cup of cheddar cheese into each tortilla. Fold the bottom edge, then the sides and roll up. Place the tortillas seam side down in a glass baking dish (13x9). Sprinkle any remaining cheese on top.
- Bake at 400F for 10-15 minutes.
- Top each burrito with a small amount of non-fat sour cream, if desired.
Makes 8 servings
Per serving: 400 calories; 8 g fat (2.5 g sat); 55 mg cholesterol; 55 g carbohydrate; 37 g protein; 8 g fiber; Vitamin A 20% daily value; Vitamin C 50% daily value; Calcium 20% daily value; Iron 20% daily value
Join our E-mail List