The Princeton Longevity Center Recipes
Healthy Oat Stir Fry
1/2 cup McCann’s Steel Cut Oatmeal
2 tablespoons Oil
1 cup diced Onion
1 Garlic Clove (crushed)
1 Pepper (seeded and sliced)
1 Zucchini (sliced)
1/2 cup of chopped Mushrooms
1 lb Tomatoes (chopped)
- Place the oatmeal in a saucepan and pour over 2 cups of boiling water. Allow to stand for an hour so that the oatmeal will have swollen.
- Put into a strainer and drain off any liquid that remains in the pan. Allow to cool.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, over a high heat until just softened - about 2 minutes.
- Add the pepper, zucchini and mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Stir in the oatmeal and cook for 1 minute, stirring all the time.
- Add the tomatoes and season as required.
- Simmer for 3 minutes, stirring all the time.
- Serve piping hot.
Total Fat: 9.7g
Saturated Fat: 1.2g
Total Carbohydrate: 18.4g
Join our E-mail List